Town of Minisink
Emergencies only dial 911.
Please call Town Clerk at 845-726-3700 if you need any additional information.
Town Newsletter: If you are a Town of Minisink resident and would like to sign up please use the following online form. Electronic copies are available in pdf format by clicking on the "Newsletter" image.
Orange County Clerk Kelly Eskew Invites you to the Orange County Mobile DMV Unit
FRIDAY, JUNE 9TH
BEING HELD AT: TRANSACTIONS OFFERED:
MINISINK TOWN HALL * All Registration Transactions
20 ROY SMITH DRIVE * All license transactions including Real/Enhanced
WESTTOWN, NY 10998 * Enforcement Transactions
EVENTS & DATES
Sat. June 3rd: 10:00 am—2:00 pm Minisink Heritage Days @ Minisink
Museum/Carol’s Cabin-featuring community stories & vendors
Sat, September 30th: 11:00 am—1:00 pm Free Rabies Clinic @Town Hall
garage—Call 845-726-3700 to register
Sat, October 7th: 10:00 am—2:00 pm FallFarm Festival @Minisink
Museum/ Carol’s Cabin-featuring local art, crafts, vendors, raffles, cow pie &
chicken poop bingo / Vendors sign up at: firstname.lastname@example.org
O&R WARNS: CROOKS PREYING ON PUBLIC IN BILL PAYMENT FRAUD
O&R customers are being hounded by a new round of predatory phone calls from crooks trying to steal O&R customers’ money.
The scheme goes this way: Crooks posing as O&R employees call unsuspecting customers and threaten them with the immediate shut off of their electric service if they don’t pay phony O&R bills with Green Dot or other prepaid debit cards.
Here are two big reasons not to believe any crook who makes a shutoff threat:
NO DEBIT CARDS - O&R does not accept bill payment for electric and gas utility bills by Green Dot or any other prepaid debit cards. Never has.
NO IMMEDIATE SHUTOFF - Disconnecting O&R electric or gas service for non-payment of bills involves a multi-step process – including written communications from O&R to the customer over a period of several days, or even weeks --- not hours. That process is regulated by the NYS Public Service Commission and NJ Board of Public Utilities.
So, if someone calls you, says they are an O&R employee and threatens to shut off your electric or gas service that day if not immediately paid through a prepaid debit card, remember these tips:
· Hang Up – Disengage so you’re not further subjected to the crook’s high-pressure “sales pitch.”
· Text Scam – After you hang up on them, the more aggressive crooks will try to repeat their shutoff threat by texting you. Ignore the threat. They are crooks.
· Don’t Hit “REDIAL” – The caller ID screen on your phone for the crook’s call may read “Orange and Rockland Utilities”, but that’s a hi-tech bogus copy of the utility company’s number. That’s not O&R. Do not redial, and don’t call the number that the caller gives you to call them back. That will reconnect you to the crook.
· Fast Track - If you are unsure about whether you have an overdue balance on your O&R bill, the fastest way to find out is to log onto your account through ORU.com/myaccount to review your latest account information. You also can call O&R’s automated phone system at 1-877-434-4100. Have your Orange and Rockland account number ready and follow the automated phone prompts to check your balance.
· Check the I.D. - If you are contacted by someone in-person or on the phone who says they represent O&R and you wish to verify their identity either ask for their photo ID card, if they are at the door, or get a call-back number if they are on the phone, and call O&R at: 1-845-577-3526 during business hours Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or 1-877-434-4100 O&R’s Customer Service Department off hours to verify their identity and the nature of their business with you. O&R employees and vendors are trained to cooperate with this request and are happy to comply with an identity verification request.
Remember, if you are feeling threatened or otherwise uncomfortable about your security during the exchange, immediately report the incident to your local police department at 911.
Making a Difference
The Food Pantry
Westtown Evangelical Presbyterian Church
807 Route 284, Westtown, NY 10998
will be open Saturday
April 15, May 20, June 17
Who: Town of Minisink & Greenville Residents Only
When: The 3rd Saturday of every month
Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
For more information or to make a donation
call 845-726-3922 and leave a message
Contact our Town Clerk to submit Community Event notices on this website.
-Submissions must at be in JPEG, PNG or PDF format.
-Must be submitted at least two weeks prior to event.
Town of Minisink
20 Roy Smith Drive
Westtown, NY 10998
9 am-3 pm
Evening Hours available by Appointment
The Town of Minisink is now a participating E-ZPass On-the-Go retailer! You can purchase your prepackaged E-ZPass tag for $25.00 from our Town Clerk's Office. There is no additional cost for getting an E-ZPass tag at an On-the-Go location, the full $25.00 payment is moved to your account as soon as you register your tag. Its as E-Z as 1-2-3, stop by and purchase your tag, mount the tag in your vehicle and register your tag within 48 hours! Stop by our Town Clerk's Office and get yours today!!